Windows 11 is here, and although it brings several improvements, some functions come with bugs or modifications that users do not quite like. Although it is very likely that these defects will be fixed with updates, here you can see how to solve most of them.
It is true that the new operating system comes with several changes that improve from the security system to the aesthetic, including aspects such as live subtitles for the entire operating system, a better interface for task manager or intelligent control of applications.
READ MORE: “VIDEO GAMES AND CHILDREN: A DANGEROUS RELATIONSHIP“
However, when comparing certain aspects to Windows 10, there are several design changes that are annoying for users. Luckily, there is a way to fix most of these failures. Look how.
SOLVE THE MOST COMMON FAILURES OF WINDOWS 11
CHANGE THE WALLPAPER
Apparently, the new Windows 11 wallpaper is not the favorite of many users. Most of the complaints are that the design isn’t up to the task of the new system. If you would like to change it, the process is very simple.
First, click on the desktop with the right mouse button, select personalize, and then bottom-click on it. There will be all the options to change it. If you want a different option to those offered by Windows, you can go to Wallpaper Cave yourporn.
CHANGE THE DEFAULT BROWSER
Changing the default browser is much more difficult on Windows 11 than it is on Windows 10. This is likely intended to force Edger. But here’s how to do it:
- Go to Windows Settings, you can do it by pressing the Windows + I keys at the same time.
- Then go to Applications -> Default Applications.
- There you can select the browser that you want to be the new default.
- Then, various types of web files will appear (HTTP, HTTPS, .html, .xhtml, or .htm). You have to select all or the ones you use so that they open with the new browser
READ MORE: “ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE EDUCATION“
CHANGE THE START MENU
Although the Windows 11 start menu is aesthetically appealing, it has less information than the one in W10. To see all the applications, you have to double click. Unfortunately, if you want to see more applications and build a custom menu, you must download applications like StartAllBack or Start11 (which are paid).
ADD WEATHER WIDGET
One of the most useful widgets is the weather widget. However, Windows 11 does not have it automatically, as happened in Windows 10 in which it did appear on the taskbar. If you want to get this information, you should download Weather Bar or Weather Bug. Then activate it in settings.
CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE TASKBAR
Windows 11 no longer allows you to resize the taskbar. However, there is a way to do it, although it is a bit cumbersome. If you miss this setting, try doing the following:
- Press the Windows + R keys, and type Regedit.
- There, follow the following string: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \
- CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced
- You then need to generate a new DWORD (32-bit) value by right-clicking in the right window pane and selecting New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the value as TaskbarSi.
- We set the value to 0, 1, or 2, depending on whether you want the bar to be small, medium, or large. The value is set by double-clicking on TaskbarSi.
- Then close Regedit, reboot and see how the taskbar has changed.